Hello and welcome to my very first blog post! My name is Molly and I have talked about starting a blog for at least five years, and with the New Year upon us, I have finally made good on my promise. I have wanted to start a blog as a way to showcase my adventures around the world, and locally here in Cleveland, Ohio. One of my favorite hobbies is photography and I want to use this blog to post pictures of places, people, and experiences that make me happy. I hope they make you happy too! To let you know a little bit more about me, I will try to do a semi-regular “about me,” bit. Here are ten facts about me to get started:
- I live in Lakewood, Ohio- a suburb just west of Cleveland in Northeast Ohio. I love Lakewood and Cleveland in general. My fiancee and I live in an apartment just across the street from a gorgeous park that overlooks Lake Erie, and I have to say I feel spoiled most of the time.
- I love to travel. This past year, my travels have taken me to some amazing destinations: Mexico, Morocco, Nantucket, Naples, NYC, and beyond. It all culminated in a trip to London and Paris where I got engaged to my amazing boyfriend under the Eiffel Tower. Yes, it still feels like a dream writing this sentence.
- I have one sister and two step-sisters. I am close to all three and love them all dearly. My sister Jennie lives in Brooklyn, NY with her husband. This has been a blessing and a curse (haha). A curse because they are far away (relatively), but also a blessing because their living in NYC has allowed me to visit numerous times. There is always something new to see and do in New York and I love visiting the two of them.
- I am close with my entire (modern) family. I go for hikes and walks with Mom regularly and she is truly one of best friends. My parents divorced when I was very young, and I was lucky enough to gain another family when my Dad remarried my stepmom (who is one of eleven siblings!). My parents and stepmom all get along quite well which makes it easy to enjoy everyone’s company.
- I met my fiance at work. I had been working at my company (a local bank) for 3 years when Ryan started in my department. I was tasked with training him and the rest is history.
- I got engaged this past October under the sparkling lights of the Eiffel Tower. If it sounds like a fairytale, then you’re getting the right idea! I never imagined in my life something like that would happen to me, with the best person I know. I feel so happy and lucky to have a partner in my life like Ryan.
- I love to cook (and eat). I try to cook at home as much as possible. Not only is it cheaper and usually healthier, to me, it often tastes better than going out to a fancy restaurant. Food pics will be on the way!
- I love photography. That is the whole reason I decided to start a blog. Note: me loving photography and actually being a talented photographer are two different things! I am working on learning and consider myself a novice. I just bought my first camera and am still learning the ropes, but have always had an eye for certain “shots.”
- I love being outside in any degree. This includes walking, sitting, eating, drinking, etc. You get the idea. Something about being outside is refreshing and makes me reconnect to whomever I am with. My fiance (Ryan from here-on out) and I love to go for walks in almost any kind of weather (yesterday it was 12 degrees out and it was still a lovely time!).
- I am obsessed with streaming television. I can (and do) easily watch several hours of Netflix each night. Currently, I am loving the Crown. The cinematography and costumes are spectacular and I love the history that is worked into the show.
Thats all for now! I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little bit, and I can’t wait to see where this blog goes. Follow me on instagram (on my newly created account OnHillbrookLane) to see a slice of life!
More to come-